Made in Cuba - Rustic Revelation
The day tour Made in Cuba - Rustic Revelation offers an insight into the state-run agricultural system and much more. In the morning, take the public train to the south-west of Havana, to a place still untouched by tourism. The majority of the inhabitants living here earn their money from pottery, amongst other things.
During a visit to a ceramics workshop, watch over a potter´s shoulder as he works and whoever chooses to, may also attempt to use the potter's wheel. Continue the "expedition" with various visits to research and development centers, gardens and production sites of Cuban agriculture. On a "finca", on which bananas, avocados, lettuce, mint and much more are grown, that are sold daily at one of the many farmers markets in the city, a delicious Creole meal with refreshing drinks will be served. An employee of the "finca" will give a tour with explanations of the state-run agricultural system. If you like, you can cool off in the pool before you set off again.
• Day trip according to program
• Transfer from/to Parque Central, Old town Havana (for private groups from/to accommodation, Havana)
• Local English-speaking guide
• Ride on a public train (in cases when the train is not functioning, clients will take the bus)
• Visit of a pottery workshop
• Different visits to research and development centers, gardens and production sites of Cuban agriculture
• Visit of a productive farm
• Creole meal (incl. 2 beverages)
Services not Included
• Transfer from/to accommodation to/from Parque Central, Old town Havana
• All not specifically mentioned services
• Personal expenses and tips