To find good Cuban pottery, you do not necessarily need to go to turisty craft markets near old squares. In fact, today you will go to the other side of the city in a ride like no other, to enjoy the fabulous experience of creating a piece of ceramic by yourself. Look forward to lots of fun, especially if you are bringing your kids. A classic car will take you along the Malecón onto the 5th Avenue, amidst beautiful mansions and leafy trees. Just by the sea, at a quiet part of the city, is Santacana Workshop. Amid glazed pieces, tiled murals and colourful paintings, artist Beatriz Santacana will guide you through the creative process of your own work of art. In a homely atmosphere, you will also have the opportunity to admire the internationally renowned work of Mrs. Santacana and purchase some if you like. Return in a classic car to your accommodation.
Note: After 48 hours in the kiln, your piece will be ready to be shipped to your accommodation in Havana.
• Departure time: 2.00 pm
• Return time: about 6.00 pm
• Duration: about 4 h
• Departure days: Monday to Friday.
• Bookings: possible up to 72 hours of the arrival.
• Day trip according to programme.
• Transfer in classic car from/to accommodation.
• Local English-speaking guide.
• 1 cocktail with or without alcohol.
• Lesson about painting on ceramic.
• 1 Piece per person, created during the session, to be picked up and shipped to your accommodation in Havana 48 hours later.
Services not Included
• All not specifically mentioned services.
• Personal expenses and tips.